We have been running out of storage for our communal equipment and bits and pieces at the allotment, so something just had to be done. We applied for a grant to purchase a couple of bike sheds which we could fit between our existing communal huts.
Can there really be a shed in that package? When unpacked there seemed so many pieces.
The base was put down, sand and ballast with paving slabs on top.
We soon set about painting all the individual pieces with a protective brown paint.
It was a job well done and we emailed fellow allotment committee member, Peter who was going to put them together for us.
The first shed looked good when he had finished constructing it and a group of us spent a morning loading it up with the materials and equipment we use on our community days. We were impressed with how much this little shed held.
The trouble was that once we had done this we had another to do, so the whole process started all over again! So, out come the paint brushes, screw drivers, …….
6 replies on “New sheds for the lotties.”
Phew, I’m tired just reading about it! Good job done Malc! Margie
Thanks for your comments – we have now finished them both. Suddenly we have lots of storage space! Malc
That is not what I would call a shed, that is a wonderful addition to the garden, allotment.
We were amazed at how much they held. Now we have completed building them both so we have gained so much storage. Malc
Love the shed and with the prep work you did it should serve you well.
Nice that you got a grant–well done–much hard work for a good outcome.