Our Rill Garden was beginning to look a little jaded, mostly due to the edging paving sinking and coming loose. In places the level of the edging was uneven and sloping randomly. We decided it needed a revamp. The first job was to take the old edging paving up and clean off the old concrete. It took no time to get up the edging but it took a long time to chip off all the old concrete and chip off each bit until the back of the slabs were clean enough to re-lay.
“Matilda”, our sculptured figure admires our handiwork. She looks satisfied with how we have cleaned up the slabs.
We had to get the plants up so we lifted them pots and all into some of our plastic garden trugs. They need dividing so this proved to be a good opportunity.
After a few days we had relaid the slabs, all perfectly level and even looking, but we did discover a problem for when we put the pump back in which provides a gentle movement to the surface of the water in the rill, it failed to work so this will need replacing.
So, let us have a look at our Rill Garden now it has been re-vitalised.