OK we create our blogs because we enjoy writing and taking photos and then enjoy sharing them with others. But it is nice sometimes to get the odd compliment such as a blogging award.
So thanks to Judy of the blog grandparentsplus2 for nominating my blog for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I now need to tell you 7 things about myself you may not know and list my 7 favourite blogs to nominate them for the Beautiful Blogger Award.
1. I read over a hundred books every year which means that over the last decade I have read my way through 1 000 books. It makes my eyes ache just to think about it!
2. I suffer from Noun Aphasia which means that I often forget the names of things. I have previously forgotten what a chair is so-called it “the thing with four legs that we sit on”. I once forgot the name of Goldilocks so-called her “the girl who lived in the woods with the bears”. It is very frustrating but my family enjoy it.
3. I can’t dig! I have to get Jude, Mrs Greenbench aka The Undergardener, to do it for me. I have no feeling in my right leg so if I dig I simply fall over!
4. I am a great fan of jazz and the blues.
5. I have been an allotment gardener now for over 20 years.
6. I enjoy chutney making with my excess crops.
7. I have a terrible memory! I nearly forgot that one.
My select seven blogs are
I know that not everyone likes awards but this is an opportunity to suggest a few blogs others might enjoy. Sharing ideas is central to blogging.
8 replies on “Thanks for the compliment.”
I was visiting your latest post and was delighted to see that you were recognized once again for your blog. Then I saw that you nominated me. I’m touched and grateful. Probably, the most rewarding part of this cyberspace journey is the people we meet: the community of others that become part of our world. Again thanks.
Thank you for the nomination! I’m really touched, thank you 🙂
It is a pleasure.
Congratulations on your award – it’s interesting to find out more about you. I’m impressed with your apetite for reading! Wow!
Thank you so much for mentioning my little blog – I’ll pop in and visit the other blogs that you have mentioned 🙂
My pleasure to mention your blog.
Congratulations! (and thanks!)
My pleasure and thanks to you.